Samoas Cookie Bars

 What is your favorite girl scout cookie?
I'll give you a hint to which one mine is.
I bet you'll never guess . . . Nope, but you're getting close.
Give up?
Okay, okay, they are Samoas.

So instead of making actual cookies I decided to go with a bar. I do have to say, making shortbread cookie bars is not easy. Well, at least not for me.


I thought I could just find a recipe, follow it and viola, perfecto. Not the case. The shortbread was too crumbly. Sad face. And the coconut layer didn't attach well to the shortbread. So when you cut into the shortbread it would fall apart and the coconut layer would separate from the cookie. Made it hard to dip into the dark chocolate. 

Needless to say, they still taste good, but not so pretty if you are wanting a beautiful presentation.


I was able to salvage a few cookie bars that turned out some what decent for pictures.
If you are interested, I found the recipe here.

Do you know of any good shortbread recipes?


RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog







No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...