Fabric Trees Tutorials

If you've been following our blog, you'll know that I just recently had a baby after a difficult pregnancy and I hadn't been able to do much blogging during that time.  Well, I'm slowly getting back into my groove, trying to post more regularly while taking care of a newborn & 3 kids at the same time :)

I started this project in November, but just recently was able to finish it.  I realize it's not Christmas time anymore, but I still wanted to share so this idea could be used for next year.
I may or may not have had my Christmas tree up until March ;)


My Christmas tree colors were black, grey, silver & fuchsia.
I always make my cone trees to match, so I searched for fabric in those same colors.
I have instructions for my pink fabric ruffle tree here.
And now for the tutorials on the other two trees...




1. Find cute fabric that you like.
I already had these fabrics in my stash, so I didn't have to buy anymore black fabric.


2. Cut out lots of circles of different sizes.


3. Make lots of different sized pom poms with circles.  Instructions for these here.


 4. Find a cone to use or make your own.


5. Cover the cone in solid color fabric & hot glue pom poms to tree.
Then you're done!


My first idea was to cover the entire tree in pom poms, but I didn't like the look, so I took off the pom poms and started again.  I decided to place the pom poms swirling up the side of the tree and I think it turned out really nice.


This tree was the easiest tree I've ever made.
1.  Find cute fabric you like.
2.  Hot glue it to the cone.
And you're done!
Easy peasy!


I just love the texture of the trees and they are durable because they're made with fabric.
These awesome trees can also be used for other holidays or as home decor year round.
Here they are as Valentine decor...



Or you could use them anywhere in your home as cute decorations.
Just make them in colors to match your home and you're set!



RSSFeed by EmailFacebookPinterestPinterestTwitterBlogFrog

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for circling me over in google. I LOVE this idea, it's so cute and unique! I'm going to have to bookmark it for Christmas this year.
    Good luck with your new baby! Sounds like you've got your hands full :)

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...